In the News
- Illinois State Bar Journal: “The Art of Negotiating Online” by Ed Finkel, June 2021
- USA TODAY: “Donald Trump’s weak negotiation skills caused this record government shutdown” by Marty Latz, Jan. 20, 2019
- Politico: “Why Trump’s Aggressive Tactics Make Him a Less Effective Negotiator” by Marty Latz, July 12, 2018
- USA TODAY: “Three reasons Donald Trump Iran ploy will fail” by Marty Latz, May 11, 2018
- Christian Science Monitor: “Art of the deal: In politics, Trump finds negotiations a different ballgame”Jan. 22, 2019
- U.S. News & World Report: “Advantage Pelosi in the Shutdown Negotiations” Jan. 16, 2019
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Tom Saler: Negotiating in geopolitical realm must focus on more than wins and losses” Jan. 18, 2019
- CNN: “Trump’s history of dealmaking guides his quest for the biggest deal of his life” June 11,2018
- Politico: “He Pretty Much Gave In to Whatever They Asked For” June 1, 2018
- Globe and Mail (national Canadian newspaper with 300,000 subscribers): “Beating the Trump Card: How to stand up to a bully in negotiations” July 12, 2018
- Vanity Fair: “Nothing may have a more direct impact on the safety, security, and prosperity of the world than Donald Trump’s negotiating skills.” – Marty Latz, June 1, 2018
- The Week: “Trump didn’t get a great deal on The Art of the Deal“ June 1, 2018
- Hebrew Newspaper: “Donald Trump’s (real) persuasion strategies” October 11, 2018
- Dutch Newspaper: “Trump enters his conversation with Kim Jong-un as a self-appointed master negotiator. But is he really that good?” July 18, 2018
- Swiss TV news: “Focus: Trump – the great negotiator” June 12, 2018
Follow Marty Latz
About Marty Latz
One of the most respected and recognized voices in the negotiation space today, Marty Latz is an author, international speaker, and the founder of LATZ Negotiation. Latz has taught more than 100,000 lawyers and business professionals around the world how to negotiate more effectively. Latz received his law and negotiation training at Harvard Law School, where he graduated cum laude, and was a Teaching Fellow at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
Latz also negotiated for The White House on the White House Advance Teams and was an Adjunct Professor of Negotiation at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University for ten years.
Author of Gain the Edge! Negotiating to Get What You Want and his latest book The Real Trump Deal: An Eye-Opening Look at How He Really Negotiates.